Ibogaine’s pros and cons show that we can not rely on this plant entirely. Yes, it is a powerful help, but most of the work lays on humans shoulders. Getting rid of addictions requires the teamwork.
What is Ibogaine?
Ibogaine is a natural extract from the iboga bush. These bushes grow in West-Central Africa, in places such as Cameron and Gabon.
Ibogaine is a compound taken from the root of the Tabernanthe iboga bush. Previously it was used by Bwiti religion people in Gabon.
Bwiti shamans believe that iboga bushes have “a living spirit with its intelligence and volition.”
According to the authors, Peter Frank and Eric Taub, of the book Ibogaine Explained, it is a most potent psychedelic in the world.
How does it happen that I never heard about it? I guess that everything comes at the right time. Previously, I thought why nobody could help people who deal with addictions? There are some obstacles, but solutions are around the world, sometimes under our noses, just here, waiting for the action from us.
What do I mean? Ibogaine is the most potent aid, but the most significant job awaits us. It is not enough to have a session with the experienced health practitioner. People, who want to go away from addiction, must be willing to change the thinking and habits.
Ibogaine is not a magic wand from Harry Poter. It is the aid, which will be not active without the participation of those, who need help.
How does Ibogaine help?
Ibogaine interrupts addiction. It works gently. People do not experience panic attacks or mental breaks when they use Ibogaine. What is astounding, that Ibogaine can make people clean and they do not experience withdrawal results. Cravings return after few weeks, but more weakly as it was before taking Ibogaine.
A session with Ibogaine lasts two days. People spend the first twelve hours in bed. Ibogaine helps go inside the mind, having visual experiences or just thinking a lot.
After twenty-four hours people can get up, but they are sensitive to the outer world’s challenges. It takes at least one week of rest till people can return to normal life.
For what does Ibogaine work?
- Crack and cocaine
- Nicotine and other drugs
Some of the people use Ibogaine for other purposes different from drug addictions. People use it for
- Spiritual healing
- Emotional healing
- Physical healing
Spiritual healing. Using Ibogaine people can get rid of emotional triggers. People discover that they solved an issue even they took it without a particular reason. Ibogaine helps when somebody feels unstuck. It shatters mind and helps to see what it is in the present. Ego becomes less powerful and can disappear. Some of the people receive pieces of advice from higher power how to escape suffering.
Emotional healing. Ibogaine helps people go deep into their psyche and discover old patterns and traumas. They confront fears, get rid of them and reach the real freedom. According to authors Peter Frank and Eric Taub, Ibogaine gave aid in dealing with anxiety, depression, addiction to sex, shopping, and food. The help comes from the people recognition of Being which cannot be hurt. People can identify themselves with it. They feel safe and not afraid of inner demons. Ibogaine helped with post-traumatic stress disorder ( PTSD)too.
Physical healing. Some of the reports show that Ibogaine can help with many physical problems. Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, multiple sclerosis (MS) can be eased with Ibogaine.
- Ibogaine is a natural extract from the iboga bush
- Ibogaine works gently
- Ibogaine does not create panic attacks or psychotic breaks as it goes with LSD or other synthetic chemicals
- Nobody was reported being hurt by Ibogaine session
- Ibogaine interrupts addictions
- Addicts become clean without withdrawal symptoms.
- Cravings for addictive material disappear or can return in a weaker form
- Ibogaine helps people change lives when is equal participation from both sides: human and Ibogaine
- People, who relapsed from Ibogaine, can understand that they can be free of addictions, despite all difficulties
- Ibogaine helps reach spiritual development and psychological growth
- Ibogaine is a perfect supplement to meditation, contemplation, and psychotherapy
- Addicts must be willing to change lives by themselves with the help of Ibogaine
- Without work with inner troubles, Ibogaine will offer temporary relief
- Person’s intentions are the most potent factor escaping from addiction. It is not Ibogaine. People need therapy. They must choose a different lifestyle from the harmful previous one, which caused cravings.
- Ibogaine does not cure addiction. Ibogaine erases withdrawal symptoms from opiates and other chemicals
- Some of the people can relapse from Ibogaine
- Young people in their twenties relapse more often compared with older adults
- Methadone addicts have more problems with relapsing compared with opiate addicts
- Ibogaine cannot restore the brain to its natural state for people who use crack, cocaine, and meth. It can alleviate for some time cravings and lessen the damage. Only time can restore people to a healthy state without the use of drugs.
- Ibogaine sessions are expensive
- Ibogaine is legal only in New Zealand
The use of Ibogaine
It does not matter that Ibogaine is the most potent psychedelic in the world and works gently, the application without a knowledgeable practitioner and provider cannot deliver positive results. People need to pick somebody who has good feedback, have been a long time helping people, and he or she is of the same sex.
Authors of Ibogaine Explained Peter Frank and Eric Taub mention that many addictions happen thanks to unsolved problems with the parent of the same sex.
Ibogaine does not solve internal problems. It helps with withdrawal symptoms, lets to clear out addictions and leaves some space to turn lives back.
When people do not return to old areas where they can get any time drugs, they can easier stay away from temptations.
What can you expect from Ibogaine?
I want to cite words of Ibogaine Explained authors:
If you are considering an ibogaine session, please take any wild promises with a grain of salt. Ibogaine is an incredible gift, but it is not a magical bullet. It is a tool that will give you an amazing start on a new chapter of your life, but how you actually live this next chapter is up to you.
What do you think about gifts from Nature?