Rejuvelac nutrients provide value to people. Rejuvelac is a fermented drink. It is easy to make, tasty to drink, and we feel like we do not have any problem.
What Is Rejuvelac?
Rejuvelac is the slightly fermented liquid, barley made from grains, grown without chemicals. Wheat is high; it barely fits too. Rejuvelac is a lightly fermented liquid full of enzymes, B vitamin complex, vitamins C, E, and D.
According to Ann Wigmore, the founder of the renowned Hippocrates Health Insitute, Rejuvelac contains a high level of enzymes.
What are enzymes?
Enzymes are protein compounds and participate in all biological activities. Enzymes are sensitive substances. If we cook food at over 118 Fahrenheit, natural enzymes are destroyed. It means that prepared food will be digested longer and not give good quality as raw food.
Coffee, soda drinks such as cola, robust spices, and tea block natural digestion from the beginning. Cold drinks, sugar, and bleached flour interfere with the successful digestion process.
Benefits of Rejuvelac
- Rejuvelac prevents the oxidation of food when it is blended. Usually, oxidation occurs inside the body when as part of digestion. When oxygen reacts with blended food, oxidation outside of the body spoils nutrients. In this way, a mixed diet can lose benefits.
- Rejuvelac contains inside vital force from sprouts. To make Rejuvelac, you must soak wheat berries till they start to grow. In this process, wheat berries release the energy needed for sprouts. With these sprouting forces, an enormous amount of vitamins and minerals are released, which helps the growth of the sprout.
- Rejuvelac is a fermented drink. During fermentation, proteins, starches, and fats are broken into compounds called predigested foods. It makes digestion light for the body. Food assimilation occurs without additional effort and energy.
- Rejuvelac can be called living food; if you think about all the vital nutrients in the full potency because nothing is destroyed by heat, time, and chemicals, you will see the bigger picture.
This picture shows how we can improve the quality of diet with minimal expenses and time. Rejuvelac is not fancy and expensive food, and there is no cutting in pieces of vegetables or meat; it is just a fermented drink full of goodies, so crucial to our bodies.
When digestion goes smoothly, all nutrients are used for body metabolism—no additional waste or deposits as fat. We are full of energy and strength.
Consuming living foods let us forgive processed food. The body knows what is good for us.
Ann Wigmore’s Recipe for Rejuvelac
Tools for Rejuvelac
- Clean, full-mouth glass jar. The size is one or half of the gallon.
- A piece of nylon mesh or cheesecloth
- Soft wheat berries
- Rubber band
- The process
- Fill the jar one-fourth full of wheat berries
- Cover the mouth of the jar with the nylon mesh or cheesecloth
- Secure the mesh with a durable rubber band
- Fill the pot with filtered or spring water
- Soak wheat berries for eight-ten hours
- Drain them
- Rinse them
- Drain again
- Place the hat at the angle to drain seeds continuously
- Make sure what seeds would get enough ventilation
- Wheat berries start to sprout
- Rinse wheat berries twice or three times a day during sprouting
- After two days, Rinse sprouted wheat berries for the last time
- Drain off cleaning water
- Fill the jar to the top with spring or filtered water
- Allow soaking sprouts for forty-eight hours
- After forty- eight hours, the first batch is Rejuvelac
The Usage of Rejuvelac
- Pour the liquid into another jar for immediate use
- Keep in the refrigerator to slow down the fermentation process
- Refill the first jar with berries inside with filtered or spring water. It is the same jar where you sprouted the first batch of Rejuvelac.
- Soak sprouts twenty-four hours
- Pour off the second batch of Rejuvelac.
- Fill the jar with the same sprouts with spring or filtered water for the last batch of Rejuvelac.
- After three batches, Ann Wigmore offers to feed berries to birds.
Characteristics of Rejuvelac
Rejuvelac, at best, is a cloudy, light yellow liquid with a tart, lemonade flavor. If fermentation is too long, the taste can be sour. You can see tiny bubbles because fermentation consistently occurs. Great Rejuvelac is lightly carbonated. It can be the layer of white foam on the top of Rejuvelac.
Rejuvelac can be held in the refrigerator for a few days or as long as the taste is pleasant for you. It is best to drink Rejuvelac between meals, avoiding dilution of stomach acid.
Did you try Rejuvelac? For me, Rejuvelac slightly resembles RnA drops from Dr. Carolyn Dean. I would be glad to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.