Rejuvelac nutrients provide value to people. Rejuvelac is a fermented drink. It is easy to make, tasty to drink and feel as we do not have any problem as at all.
What Is It Rejuvelac?
Rejuvelac the slightly fermented liquid, barley made from grains, grown without chemicals. Wheat is great; barley fits too. Rejuvelac is lightly fermented liquid, full of enzymes, B vitamin complex, vitamins C, E, and D.
According to Ann Wigmore, the founder of renowned Hippocrates Health Insitute, Rejuvelac contains the high level of enzymes.
What are enzymes?
Enzymes are protein compounds. They participate in all biological activities. Enzymes are sensitive substances. If we cook food in the temperature over one 118 Fahrenheit, natural enzymes destroyed. It means that prepared food will be digested longer and will not give good quality as raw food.
Coffee, soda drinks as cola, strong spices, and tea block natural digestion from the beginning. Cold drinks, sugar, bleached flour interferes with the successful process of digestion.
Benefits of Rejuvelac
- Rejuvelac prevents oxidation of food when it is blended. Usually, the oxidation occurs inside the body when as the part of digestion. The oxidation outside of the body when oxygen reacts with blended food, spoils nutrients. In this way, mixed food can lose benefits.
- Rejuvelac contains inside vital force from sprouts. To make Rejuvelac, you must soak wheat berries till they start to grow. In this process, wheat berries release the energy needed for sprouts. With these sprouting forces enormous amount of vitamins and minerals released which helps for the growth of the sprout.
- Rejuvelac is fermented drink. During fermentation, proteins, starches, and fats broken to compounds called as predigested foods. It makes the digestion light to the body. The food assimilation occurs without additional effort and energy.
- Rejuvelac can be called the living food. If you think about all vital nutrients which are in the full potency because nothing destroyed by heat, time and chemicals, you will see the bigger picture.
This picture shows how with the minimal expenses and time we can improve the quality of diet. No fancy and expensive food, no cutting in pieces vegetables or meat, just fermented drink full of goodies, so important to our bodies.
When digestion goes smoothly, all nutrients used for body metabolism. No additional waste or deposits as fat. We are full of energy and strength.
Consuming living foods let us forgive processed food. The body knows what is good for us.
Ann Wigmore’s Recipe for Rejuvelac
Tools for Rejuvelac
- Clean, wide mouth glass jar. The size one or half of gallon.
- A piece of nylon mesh or cheesecloth
- Soft wheat berries
- Rubber band
- The process
- Fill the jar one-fourth full of wheat berries
- Cover the mouth of the jar with the nylon mesh or cheesecloth
- Secure the mesh with durable rubber band
- Fill the jar with filtered or spring water
- Soak wheat berries for eight- ten hours
- Drain them
- Rinse them
- Drain again
- Place the hat at the angle to drain berries continuously
- Make sure what berries would get enough ventilation
- Wheat berries start to sprout
- Rinse wheat berries twice or three times a day during sprouting
- After two days, Rinse sprouted wheat berries for the last time
- Drain off cleaning water
- Fill the jar to the top with spring or filtered water
- Allow soaking sprouts for forty – eight hours
- After forty- eight hours, the first batch is Rejuvelac
The Usage of Rejuvelac
- Pour the liquid into another jar for immediate use
- Keep in refrigerator to slow down the fermentation process
- Refill the first jar with berries inside with filtered or spring water. It is the same jar where you sprouted the first batch of Rejuvelac.
- Soak sprouts twenty-four hours
- Pour off the second batch of Rejuvelac
- Fill the jar with the same sprouts with spring or filtered water for the last batch of Rejuvelac.
- After three batches, Ann Wigmore offers to feed berries to birds.
Characteristics of Rejuvelac
Rejuvelac at best is cloudy, light yellow liquid, with the tart, lemonade flavor. If fermentation is too long, the taste can be sour. You can see little bubbles because fermentation consistently occurs. Great Rejuvelac is lightly carbonated. It can be the layer of white foam on the top of Rejuvelac.
Rejuvelac can be kept in refrigerator few days or as long as the taste is pleasant for you. It is best to drink Rejuvelac between meals, avoiding dilution of stomach acid.
Did you try Rejuvelac? For me, Rejuvelac slightly resembles RnA drops from Dr. Carolyn Dean. I would be glad to hear from you. Please leave the comment below.