The magnesium citrate benefits the body helping to function in a proper way.The magnesium citrate is the supplement. Magnesium citrate consists of magnesium and citric acid. The magnesium binds to citric acid forming the magnesium citrate.
The Magnesium Citrate Benefits
- The magnesium citrate has mild laxative benefits. Some of the people are sensitive to magnesium. They can experience the movement of bowels more often as others. Magnesium citrate works gently and does not give any problems.
- The magnesium citrate is easily absorbed. The supplement comes in a powder or a pill form. I use powder which easily solves in water.
- The magnesium citrate is inexpensive.
- The magnesium citrate is not a harmful substance.
- The magnesium citrate is the oral supplement and has all magnesium activities.
- The Magnesium participates in hundreds of enzyme reactions. Magnesium works as cofactor assisting enzymes in body’s chemical reactions. Enzymes are proteins which function as catalysts in chemical reactions.
- Magnesium activates enzymes which control digestion, absorption, and performance of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. Magnesium helps produce and transport the energy activating adenosine triphosphate(ATP).
- Magnesium participates in the activity of enzymes which modify building blocks from food. These blocks needed for body formation, growth, and metabolism. Protein blocks used for body formation. RNA and DNA depend on magnesium too.
- Magnesium participates in the transmission of signals in the brain. Neurons depend on calcium and magnesium. Electrical communication happens when calcium enters brain cell with the help of magnesium. It travels forth and back from the brain to the nerves and from nerves to the brain.
- Magnesium is vital for the relaxation of muscles. The calcium needed for contraction of muscles and magnesium for relaxation. When calcium exceeds limits and magnesium is lacking, we experience muscle spasms, twitches. When is too much calcium, it can make deposits in soft tissues.
Magnesium Citrate Benefits for the Body
According to Dr. Carolyn Dean, M.D, N.D. the author of The Magnesium Miracle, everybody can benefit from magnesium supplements. If you have symptom as muscle spasm and you will take magnesium citrate, you will see those other symptoms such as anxiety, depression or kidney stones will ease and can disappear.
Magnesium citrate benefits us as magnesium supplement which replenishes the body with magnesium. The lack of magnesium creates many problems such as
- Anxiety and depression
- Blood clots
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
There are more conditions where the magnesium is vital for us. Stressful conditions such as injuries, malnutrition, substantial burns, liver disease, hormonal disbalance ask and require increased amounts of magnesium.
Nowadays when the soil depleted thanks to constant farming, animals and plants can not get enough magnesium. Humans who consume the conventional food can become deficient in magnesium too. When we choose the organic food, we can get more magnesium, but Dr. Carolyn Dean gives in her book advice to use magnesium supplements too.
The magnesium citrate benefits us as the magnesium supplement. The magnesium citrate is affordable, easily digested, has the mild laxative effect. The magnesium citrate does not have side effects.