Minding wellness tips from Harvard Health newsletter prompted me to see different sides of opinions from health professionals. It is always good to learn from various sources. I guess that nobody needs the explanation that the Harvard is. This word associates with the old history, scientific discoveries, and famous alumni.
I got a newsletter from them because I guess they send it to all individuals who care about wellbeing. I will dare to go through all topics presented, and you can decide it is works for you or no.
Be Careful Taking Supplements
Supplements are few billion worth industries. It is understandable that everybody presents their product as the best and most beneficial. However, there are plenty of details which hidden under pompous words.
Supplements which have the neutral scientific foundation, evidence, and have positive feedback from customers that their health improved more as it was before, could benefit individuals.
Of course, a placebo effect can work better as the real supplement. It is proven. However, there are supplements such as magnesium which cannot be replaced with positive thoughts. If you need minerals, you need. The body cannot get them from the air or the imagination.
Harvard Health newsletter points out that people need to be aware of the statement: life-saving supplements. I wonder what kind of supplements do they have in mind?
Enjoy Benefits Of Summer
Great news! Tomatoes can benefit you in a way that 59 percent can lower the risk of stroke caused by blood clots. Overall, eating more vegetables will give an opportunity to avoid problems associated with Alzheimer’s disease. Of course, besides being a rabbit, sorry, a crazy joke, you could:
- Sleep at least seven and the half hour without serious interruptions
- Exercise at least four times a week
- Consider intermittent fasting. It means that you ate last time at seven in the evening and on the next morning the first meal could be at ten or eleven a.m. At least 14 hours must be between meals. I heard this information on the NBC regarding Alzheimer’s prevention.
In Europe people eat differently compared with North America. Usually, the dinner is at 2 p.m. and the supper at six p.m. The breakfast is at seven or eight in the morning. You see people have the long break between meals naturally.
Take Care Of Your Memory
According to Harvard Health Newsletter, foods such as fish, olive oil, and nuts provide benefits lowering risk of dementia or Alzheimer. Overall, I wonder why people lost good eating habits? Most of us come to North America from Europe. Especially Italians are known for their famous Mediterranian cuisine.
Dr. Andrew Weil, M.D. recognizes the importance of fatty amino acids which lower inflammation. There are two types of fatty amino acids: omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. These acids have the funny name: PUFAs. It means polyunsaturated fatty acids.
However, omega-3 fatty acids provide more benefits for the body because they lower inflammation in the body.
Throw the TV Through Window
Sorry; it is an exaggeration. However, in a newsletter facts tell that the obesity can increase up to twenty-five percent for every two hours of watching. Not so much fun here. You can add junk food to the whole picture, and it is clear why people get unhappy when they do not fit into airplane seats.
Carefully Choose What You Eat
It is excellent to read about side effects of processed foods. People know that meals high in sugar and refined grains can lead to chronic disorders. Unfortunately, not so many of us know that these processed foods can cause inflammation. Organs, joints, and tissues can be damaged without returning the clock. Who does need it?
More Tips For Wellness
Harvard Health newsletter provides more beneficial information about how simple tactics can change your life.
- Brief walking, even few minutes can lower blood sugar. When your muscles work, the blood sugar distributes to the liver, and you do not need to wear out pancreas. Besides it, strengthening and mobility exercises help relieve the arthritis pain. It means: keep moving, forget the couch or Lazy Boy furniture!
- The red wine protects people from the usual cold.
- Yoga helps to keep balance, increase concentration and flexibility. Yoga is around thousands of years. Why do we discover good things so late?
- The laugh is an excellent prevention against stress, depression, fear, and inflammation in arteries. It seems that the laugh helps increase good cholesterol.
- You can reduce plague in arteries eating meals from the Mediterranean diet. Exercises may help too to prevent the hardening of arteries. In this way, you may avoid stroke or heart attack.
- Avoid sodas. A search from Harvard shows that phosphoric acid in soft drinks interferes with calcium absorption. It can destroy cartilage and cause knee pain.
- The dark bitter chocolate full of flavanols is good for heart, mood and clear thinking. Do not go after any chocolate. These sweets are full of processed fats and sugar. Look for the product where cacao has all flavanols intact. It means that you will get benefits from it.
- You will live longer if you eat less of calories. However, here people need more information because if we feast on doughnuts, pizza, and coffee, we will always be hungry. Soda drinks have their shaming part too. Scientists found out that intestinal bacteria in mice started to help absorb more calories into the body after giving them some soda.
I was surprised, maybe more I was reminded that we do not need carbohydrates. If we get enough fat and proteins of good quality, we will not crave for ice cream or cakes. Why?
The body can produce carbohydrates from fat and proteins. Unfortunately, the opposite process is not possible such as the creation of proteins from carbohydrates. Our body is the smart one. Think about hundred years ago. Who ate the pizza? Meat, grains, and vegetables were the everyday staple.
You see that minding wellness tips from Harvard Health newsletter are easy to protect ourselves from unnecessary problems. We do not need to spend plenty of money. Taking care of ourselves such as changing habits, improving lifestyle and continuously checking for progress will let you and me have a peace of mind. Why? The health is the most critical asset. You can not buy it. Let’s use common sense and give our body what it needs: proper nutrition, exercises, and positive attitude.
Besides it, giving the body what it needs, you will have peace for the mind. Prevention is the best thing. We cannot get with food enough minerals, proteins, and vitamins. However, we can help ourselves by taking dietary supplements.