Water consists of three atoms. Hydrogen and oxygen create the water molecule. It is pure water used for blood and lymph in the body. Nothing more. Unfortunately, the tap water and water in bottles can contain harmful chemicals, toxins, and antibiotics. I wonder how many of you know results of tap water in your household? I can bet that one from a few thousands of people cares about their wellbeing.
We can expect that cities or villages will take prompt and adequate measures to assure water safety, but real-life shows a different picture. The city of Flint in Michigan still suffers from the consequences of bad water. How do you know that the water which you use is safe for you and your family?
Beneficial water for our bodies must be just water, nothing more. When you boil the kettle for a prolonged time, you can see the buildup on the bottom and walls inside. It is a lime, calcium which can clog our pipes too.
Our digestive system does not need calcium and other elements which cannot enter the cell. People do not get water rich in minerals from the earth. Most of us consume bottled, distilled, or water from the tap.
Which Type Of Water Is The Best?
The distilled water is the best. Why? This water is just water, nothing more.
Tap water can contain various chemicals. Bottled water sits in plastic containers which seldom are BPA free. Glass bottles like for San Pellegrino are perfect, but how many of us do use mineral water for everyday tasks? You do not know the source of where your water comes. It would be great that everything would be trustable and safe, but better to be prepared and informed, not sorry later. Nowadays, we can trust just ourselves and knowledgeable health professionals.
Benefits of Distilled Water
- Distilled water is clean from chemicals, toxins, and antibiotics
- Distilled water does not leave residue on your cooking tools
- Distilled water does not have any taste
- Distilled water beneficial for all kind of dishes
- Distilled water helps clean the body because it picks rejected inorganic minerals and with the help of blood and lymph removes through kidneys all waste
- The blood consists of ninety percent of pure distilled water. The rest is protein and substances which travel with the blood into tissues and organs
The purified water aids the body to detoxify chemicals. The liquid without inorganic distances will help the circulatory system stay in shape. Arteries and veins have a more large diameter. However, the net of tiniest capillaries can cover 63 000 square feet area. It is impressive, is not?
Some of the scientists state that capillaries work for us as the second heart. The contract and help the heart to pump the blood over the whole body.
You see how it is essential that the body would get cleanest materials as possible. Clogged capillaries with inorganic substances cannot perform well.
How Can Water Be Harmful?
Chlorination and fluoridation are few hazards to our health. Antibiotics and waste from factories add additional stress factors to our wellbeing.
Chlorine kills bacteria in swimming pools. Unfortunately, it has hazardous effects too. Chlorine can cause irritation of skin, lungs., bladder problems, and rectal cancer. Hair can become dry after using chlorinated water in pools or showers. It can lead to asthma and allergies.
Chlorine has a strong odor. Our skin is the most significant toxin removal and breathing organ. The chlorine can irritate and cause adverse reactions such as eczema, acne, psoriasis, and seborrhoea.
Many decades ago, chlorine used as the deadly weapon in the WWI. Plenty of time gone, but we still have chlorine around us.
Some of the studies link chlorinated products and chlorine to a higher risk of bladder, bowel, and breast cancer as well as malignant melanoma.
When you buy the toothpaste with the fluoride, you think that is going to protect you from decay. When you hear about fluoridated water, you feel that it was done for your safety. Nope.
The story about water fluoridation begins from Gerald Cox, who was asked to research the fluoride effects on teeth. Alcoa, the aluminum manufacturer, had problems with disposing of fluoride waste. Geral Cox worked for Mellon Institute. This institution was known as the protector against asbestos claims. False research results showed that asbestos was safe.
It the same happened with fluoride. The public got information that fluoride is beneficial. Sounds horrible but people trust elected officials and health professionals. Who could expect that factories would like to dispose of remains from aluminum to the public water?
Unfortunately, it happened. Municipal water contaminated with fluoride, toxic industrial waste product. This water is used to make food, drinks, and beauty products. I guess that you know that the FDA does not test beauty items.
One good saying is that the rescue of sinking people is the problem of the sinking individuals.
How Is Fluoride Dangerous to Us?
- Fluoride speeds the aging process
- Fluoride makes joints ache
- Fluorine ions from dental products and drugs are toxic
- Fluorine ions damage cells and tissues
- Fluorine ions bind with magnesium creating sellaite( MgF2)
- The fluorine magnesium bond is tight
- The sellaite deposits in the bones and cartilage, making bones brittle and prone to fracture
- Magnesium deficiency creates many problems
- Researchers found the correlation between water fluoridation and osteosarcoma
You see, there is no fun to use fluoridated tap water. At least what you can do is to get any water distiller which suits your needs and wallet.
If you would like, here is a video about the harm of fluoride.
Dangers Of The Tap Water
According to Dr.Carolyn Dean M.D., N.D. the tap water can contain around 2100 contaminants. Ninety-seven of them are carcinogens, eighty-two suspected of causing cell mutations, twenty-three trigger the formation of tumors, and next twenty-three are called acute and toxic.
You would ask from where this dangerous stuff comes? Think about farms and factories using pesticides and chemicals, dental offices, coal-burning plants.
Top-Rated Water Distillers
Best In Class Water Distiller
Water distiller made by H2O Labs is a dependable device. Why? It is easy to operate and maintain.
Item weight: 13.18 pounds
Manufacturer: H2o Labs
- Interior steam chamber made from stainless steel
- Automatically turns off
- Can produce four gallons per day
- Carafe made of glass
- Water distiller can be used for travels
- Easy to clean
- The model can be used just in North America
- Chrome bands on carafe are prone to rust
- The customer service may disappoint you
The Best -In -The Class Distiller does the job providing four gallons per day. The product is made of steel and produces pure water. It is easy to clean and fits perfectly on the casual countertop in the kitchen. If you want to have water without additional chemicals, this machine will job efficiently.
Ridgeyard Pure Water Distiller
Ridgeyard water distiller is a simple device without whistles and bells. The water distiller removes bacteria, dissolved solids . and VOCs.
Product name: Ridgeyard Pure Water Distiller
Item weight: 13.89 pounds
Manufacturer: Ridgeyard Co, LTD
- The water distiller produces 4 liters of water
- The device and carafe have big openings for pouring water in and out
- The device is compact and saves the space on the countertop
- The water distiller is easy to clean and operate
- Some parts are plastic
The Ridgeyard water distiller is a device which produces distilled water. There are no filters or glass, just metal, and plastic. It suits for home, dentistry, or travel.
VEVOR Water Distiller
The water distiller has the metal body and stainless steel interior chamber. Plastic details are BPA free. The water distiller makes four liters of water per one session. It is about one liter of water per hour
Item weight: 9.75 pounds
- The water distiller is easy to use and operate
- Stainless steel chamber ensures the water quality
- The device turns automatically off after the job is done thanks to the thermal sensor
- The water distiller easy to clean the leftover debris after the distillation process
- Plastic details are BPA free
- The fan in the device is a little bit too loud
- Sometimes the water can smell bad, especially after the first batch. You need to pour off the first batch and distill more.
- The glass jar would be the better option
Pure Water Mini-Classic CT Counter Top Distiller
Product name: Pure Water Mini -Classic CT
Item weight:31.4 pounds
Manufacturer: Pure Water
Mini Classic CT is a sturdy device made of stainless steel. The water distiller is a well-crafted and robust device. It takes about three hours to fulfill one gallon.
- The distiller made of stainless steel
- The water distiller has a warranty for 15 years
- The water tastes good and does not have any contaminants
- The device is easy to maintain and clean with vinegar time from the time
- The carbon filter holder is stainless
- Switches are of decent quality
- There are no plastic parts
- For some people, the device is too heavy
- Seldom the leaking may occur from device
- The problem with the timer can happen in random cases
Pure Water Mini-Classic CT Counter Top Distiller is a practical and robust machine. It can have some quirks, but overall it does the job as supposed to do: produce distilled water. The price is high compared with other devices, but it is all from stainless steel and has more power. It serves long years, giving you pure distilled water.
Megahome Countertop Water Distiller
Megahome distiller contains safe stainless steel interior which does not have the contact with the plastic. The carafe is from the glass.
Item weight: 11 pounds
Model number: MH943TWS
- The water distiller approved by Underwrites Laboratory. It means that the device fits safety standards.
- The stainless steel interior does not touch plastic details.
- The distilled water drips to the glass collector
- Megahome distiller is comfortable to use and clean
- The device is dependable enough to work years ahead
- The cap on the pitcher is from plastic
- It takes a longer time, about 5.5 hours to distill one gallon of water
- Electric bills will be higher
- Sometimes the metallic taste can occur in the water after distillation
The Megahome Countertop Water Distiller has certification from Underwrites Laboratory(UL). The device has a stainless steel chamber and glass collector what ensures the quality of the water. However, it takes a longer time, about five and a half hours to produce one gallon of distilled water. It means that during all day, you can get about two gallons of water. It is a long time.
Waterwise Water Distiller Purifier
The Waterwise distiller does job purifying and distilling water. There are plastic details in the device.
Item weight: 14.3 pounds
Manufacturer: Water Wise
Model number: 8800
- The distiller has the boiling chamber made of stainless steel
- It takes four hours to produce one gallon of distilled water
- The water distiller is comfortable to operate and clean
- Waterwise distiller is durable and can serve long years.
- The pitcher is BPA free
- The fan can be loud
- The device takes some of the counter space
- You need to use filters
- Plastic parts can last a shorter time compared with stainless steel
Waterwise 8800 Water Distiller Purifier performs its job, but there are other cheaper options. Synthetic details can wear out faster. The fan in the device makes noise. It can be irritating for some people.
Waterwise 4000 Water Distiller
Waterwise distiller is the device from the removal of bacteria, VOCs, and dissolved solids. All debris is left behind when steam condensates to the glass jug.
Item weight: 14.5 pounds
Manufacturer: Water Wise
- Glass jug makes water safer
- Functions well
- Stainless steel condenser
- Automatically shuts off after the one-gallon cycle
- Easy to clean
- The pitcher does not pour water straight away
- The device is not capable of being run all-day
- The distiller makes the gallon of water after five hours
The Waterwise 4000 distiller works fine making one gallon of water every four hours. The glass pitcher is safer and healthier as the plastic one. However, it is not a commercial machine. You can not expect large quantities of distilled water. You get what you pay.
Nutriteam Countertop Water Distiller
The water distiller made from plastic, with stainless steel chamber, is quiet. It makes one gallon of water after 5-6 hours.
Item weight: 11 pounds
Warranty: one year
- The quality of water is good
- The device works quietly
- The plastic is BPA free
- The water distiller is comfortable to use and clean
- The machine takes some of the counter space
Waterwise 9000 Countertop Distiller
Item weight: 11.8 pounds
The jug capacity: one gallon
- Produces five gallons of distilled water during 24 hours
- The device is easy to use
- The device Made from Eastman Tritan material without BOA or BPS
- The distiller at the summertime creates some heat
- The cleaning process takes some time because it is not easy to reach corners of boil chamber
The Waterwise 9000 Countertop distiller performs distilling job fine. Minor faults happen but seldom such as water from the pouring the remaining water to the boiler. The company states that the product can last 3-5 years.
Durastill Water Distiller
This water distiller is a commercial product. It means that the device has a more significant capacity and power to distill efficiently.
Shipping weight: 101 pounds
Manufacturer: Durastill Water Distillers
Stainless steel superalloy heating element
- The machine made of stainless steel
- The distiller made in the USA
- Makes 25 gallons of distilled water
- The device equipped with a fan cooling system
- Full level float control
- The fan switch on/off
- The distiller automatically gets water after connecting to the supply
- Produces 8 gallons every twenty-four hours
- Comfortable faucet
- Automatic control
- The water distiller has self-sterilization function
- You can switch from autofill mode to manual if the tap water is not available
- 25 gallons of water storage
The water distiller is on the expensive side
Durastill Water Distiller is the device of life. Stainless steel construction provides durability and water safety. The Durastill company is in the business from 1970. The water distiller is easy to operate. I like the self-sterilization function. It takes a few minutes to complete the process. The device is expensive. However, you get what you paid. Commercial water distillers are robust and durable because all details are from steel. They can serve you all years ahead. The distilled water can be used preparing food and drinks, brushing teeth, and washing.
Let’s Wrap Up
Water is vital for our bodies. The blood consists mostly of water. The water quality and safety must be a priority and headache for officials if something goes wrong. Unfortunately, we live in a world where strange things happen. It is a lot wiser to protect ourselves from environmental problems.
Water distillers and filters can make a real difference. We use water every day. It is a foundation and support for existence. Unfortunately, there are plenty of chemicals besides fluoride and chlorine.
Most famous chemicals are:
Mercury is the byproduct of mining. It can be evaporated and blown away around the globe. You heard about mercury in fish, in dental fillings and thermometers.
Mercury can cause brain damage, headaches, tremors, skin rashes, cognitive disability, nerve damage.
Flint, the city of Michigan, got significant problems with water. Old pipes released a dangerous amount to the drinking water. Lead affects children causing learning disabilities, deafness, slow growth, behavioral problems.
Dioxins are carcinogenic and after more prolonged exposure can affect all body systems.
Hexachlorobenzene or HCB was a pesticide until 1965. It is banned now but shows up as the byproduct of other chemical production.
Maybe you know arsenic from Agatha Christie movies, but this chemical is used in the industry. The waste from factories can be disposed of in the wrong way, and water contamination occurs. You do not need to watch horror movies. It happens under your nose, silently.
Unless you are Erin Brockovich, it is better to use water distiller or filter.
This nasty chemical was used as the insecticide. It is banned in the USA from 1972, but in other parts of the world, DDT has activities to do. Molecules of Dichloro-Diphenyl-Trichloroethane (DDT) can travel long distances in the atmosphere.
Dacthal or DCPA is an herbicide. It is used nowadays and can contaminate soil and water sources. The damage can be done to kidneys, liver, and adrenal glands.
MTBE is a gasoline additive. When it reaches underground waters, makes it unsafe and harmful.
This chemical is the main ingredient in rocket fuel and explosives. Perchlorates can easily dissolve and contaminate water. It leads to thyroid damage if the person drinks contaminated water.
PCBs were used producing oil, paints, machinery, insulation, electronics, and fluorescent lights. It is banned, but landfills are full of this chemical. PCBs break down slowly and seep into the soil contaminating the environment.
Happy End Of The Story
Thanks to resources and environmental organizations, individuals could get information about dangers lurking in the water. Most important that you would be willing to learn, ask questions, and search about ways how to protect yourself and loved ones.
Sadly, we can not trust ultimately professionals and officials, who want to assure us that everything is in control. The example of Flint reminds us that individuals must take control of their surroundings and be informed timely.
Which device would I pick? I would go after one which has most glass and stainless steel, and later on, I would save money for the commercial product. Why? Commercial distillers do last a long time. They are sturdy and robust. The water does not have any connection with plastic or rubber.
Let’s take action and be safe than sorry.
Do you have any questions or comments? I would be delighted to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.