Safety from the sun is more important than a few decades ago. Having a suntan was a sign of health. Now people are concerned about the increased risks of skin cancer. You can easily protect yourself and your loved ones if you follow some rules.
Use right sunscreens
You would think that the higher the number of SPF, the better sun protection is. Unfortunately, it is not the case. If you got a sunscreen with the number 100, it is supposed to block at least 99 percent of sun rays. Sorry, it is not the case.
Sunscreens work best and have active chemical ingredients such as avobenzone. Components such as titan dioxide, zinc oxide, or both of them perform less and do not protect so well as sunscreens with active chemical ingredients.
The recommendation is to use sunscreens with the number SPF 30 and higher.
Not all sunscreens are of good quality. For example, octinoxate and oxybenzone, chemical UV filters can cause hormonal changes.
Another ingredient, retinyl palmitate, can cause cancer when exposed to light. It is known from animal studies, but if it is not suitable for our furry friends, why do we need to risk our health?
The best sunscreens are:
All these sunscreens are lotions and have an SPF of over 30.
According to Consumer Reports, the best buy for the spray is Trader Joe’s item with SPF 50. The price is excellent, just 6 dollars per bottle. The recommended shower is Banana Boat SunComfort Clear UltraMist spray with SPF 50+
Sunscreens safe for the environment
As mentioned, sunscreens protect human skin from UV radiation. Unfortunately, they contain chemicals that can harm sea life. Especially coral reefs are sensitive to pollution.
Three years ago, over 14 000 tons of sunscreen reached the water and damaged coral reefs. We thought that global warming could be blamed for losing coral reefs. It is the opposite. Chemical pollution affects to see the environment.
People who care about Earth’s health can use mineral-based and chemical-free sunscreens such as
Babo Botanicals sunscreen is made of minerals. The texture is smooth and ultralight. Zinc oxide protects the skin from UV radiation without harming the environment.
It is a perfect solution for people who are conscious of the future of sea life.
The lotion covers the skin smoothly. However, you need to apply the cream again after swimming for a half hour.
Fragrance-free and suitable for daily usage.
You will protect yourself and your children from UV and UVB, knowing that the environment will be safe.
ThinkSport sunscreen is free of chemicals such as oxybenzone and UV chemical absorbers. An active ingredient is zinc oxide of 20 percent.
- You need to rub it into the skin. Do not worry about the white color because it disappears and leaves the skin smooth and protected from the sun.
- It is highly water-resistant.
- You do not need to apply too much. One tube can last for two people the whole week.
- It is advisable to apply it every 80 or 90 minutes.
- Sunscreen works for the body and face.
- This sunscreen serves well for physically active people
The scent slightly resembles a lemon, but it fast fades away.
The ThinkSport sunscreen is highly protective and hydrating, water-resistant, and sun-blocking.
Tropical Sands Natural Sunscreen has SPF 30 and is biodegradable and hypoallergenic. There are no chemicals that could harm the environment. The added green tea acts as a potent antioxidant.
- The product is safe and convenient to use. It blocks sun rays and offers UVA and UVB protection.
- The sunscreen is non-Nano and safe to use in eco-nature parks.
- The sunscreen is economical. You need to add just a little bit and later apply when you do not see any white color. If you use too much right away, you will be coated with sunscreen and waste the excellent product.
It is best to apply for half an hour before going to the beach. It takes time to soak into the skin.
How to use sunscreen?
- Before usage, it is advisable to shake the bottle with sunscreen.
- Apply the sunscreen at least half an hour before exposing yourself o the sun.
- Cover the whole body evenly. You can use the teaspoon for each part of the body as the measurement — for example, one teaspoon for the abdomen area, another for the back, the next one for the shoulders, etc.
- Sunscreens can be in various forms. Liquid or spray, cream texture, or oil can protect you from harmful sun rays.
- You need to be careful with spray sunscreens because they are flammable and can catch fire if you are close to the open-source open source.
Sun protective clothing
Sun rays can reach every tiny spot in our body if it is not covered by clothes or sunscreen. Individuals who do not have vacations now must protect themselves from the sun anyway. Harmful sun rays can reach even on a cloudy day. They dispersed, but UV radiation is still here.
Coolibar manufacturer is famous for making clothes with microscopic zinc oxide particles inside. Sun protection lasts a lifetime of the garment. Coolibar has various clothing choices, such as hats, swimwear, sun wraps, T-shirts, and dresses. Men and children have their sun-protective clothing too.
There is more clothing which can protect you from harmful sun rays. The best is the organic clothing, free of chemicals, lets the skin breathe, and covers from the direct sun shining.
Okay, the body got the clothing. The head must be covered too. I met one woman who worked outside all years-long and wore the cap. It did not protect her ears from the sun. Thankfully, she feels well after the operation.
It seems strange that we need to bundle up to protect ourselves. However, we can use imagination and pick from the whole array of clothes what we do like.
We do not need to walk around as in the Middle East. These people have long traditions, and it seems that they do well. The sun in their countries was and is harsh.
However, customs are different in the whole world. Everybody can pick what suits them in the best way.
Most important is to protect ourselves from UV radiation.
Protection from harmful sun rays is more important nowadays than a few decades ago. Thankfully we can choose from many options of clothing and beauty products.
Who will better protect us? You and I know what works for us. We need to make up our minds and pick the best products that do not harm the environment and save us from solar radiation.
Do you have experience using sun-protective clothing and beauty products? I would be glad to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.